Initially established in 1993 as M&G Chemicals Limited, the company was renamed as Apollo Scientific Limited in 1996 coinciding with its move to a 170 sq.metre business centre in Stockport (near Manchester, England).
By carrying out the sales and marketing in the UK and Europe for a number of small scale international manufacturers Apollo continued to expand. That year also saw the production of Apollo's first technically detailed catalogue of fluorochemicals, listing over 1000 items containing at least one or more fluorine atoms. Worldwide demand for these products grew along with Apollo's reputation as a supplier of competitively priced, high quality fluorochemical products. Apollo had found its main niche.